Millennials love podcasts, listen to them regularly and are less likely to divert from your ads.
Comcore survey indicates that 18-34-year-olds are 44% more likely than the average smartphone-owning adult to listen to podcasts on their device at least once a week (26% vs. 18%).
I love podcasts myself, they are dedicated, entertaining and thoughtful. I am Gen Y too, so I will share my top 5 (no surprise!):
Insightful, entertaining and educating.
Something you don’t know and weird. Explained.
Hidden facts, unknown events that changed our lives.
Investigation-style podcasts: who produces fake news, is it easy to pretend if you are a celebrity, etc.
Interviews with writers for Esquire, National Geographic, etc.
Podcasts for marketing?
- Podcasts, especially popular ones, have very high retention rates. Gen Y are usually subscribed using iTunes, Podcast Addict, etc. New episodes are automatically downloaded.
- Authors are praised and audience interacts with them regularly.
- Podcasters will tailor your ads to their content or inside jokes. And it’s a win-win.
People listen to podcasts because they have deep respect for the host.
Joe Rogan‘s extremely popular podcast (yes, they are on YouTube too) has 6-7 minutes in the beginning covering sponsor ads. And most of 1,000,000 subscribers don’t skip them, because they watch/listen it live!
How your company can benefit? I find special codes for discount less annoying and easy to remember for listeners.
If you want to try this product. Please, visit website dot com forward slash podcast name code.
- Podcast host look for monetizing and will respond to your proposals.
- You can test your messages, this type of advertising is rather cheap.
- Hosts know their audience and will help you with the right and tailored wording.
Thanks for reading. Add your favorites in comments below, i will be happy to check them out!